Legislative advocacy is an essential activity of the Forum. We look to our partners who are experts in topic area advocacy such as homelessness, early learning, and older adults. Our Work Group drafts an annual legislative agenda that meets the criteria below, and our Board votes to adopt it.
- Supports our mission regarding long-term, sustainable funding.
- Relates to one or more of our Tier 1 (Public Policy) Statements.
- Provides an opportunity to advocate for Eastside-specific concerns.
- Strong likelihood of generating Eastside impact.
- Maintains or increases access to opportunity for vulnerable populations.
- Increases racial equity